Quality Indicators of Assistive Technology Book Study - Register by 9/10/2021.
The Quality Indicators for Assistive Technology (QIAT) is a set of professional guidelines to improve the quality and consistency of AT delivery. This research-based set of practices will serve as the focus of a year-long book study. This book study is beneficial for:
- School districts as they strive to develop and provide quality assistive technology services aligned to federal, state, and local mandates
- Assistive technology service providers as they evaluate and constantly improve their services
- Consumers of assistive technology services as they seek appropriate assistive technology services which meet their needs
- Universities and professional developers as they conduct research and deliver programs that promote the development of the competencies needed to provide quality assistive technology services
- Policymakers as they attempt to develop judicious and equitable policies related to assistive technology services.
Who is Eligible to Participate?
Up to 25 people may participate in this book study. Only one individual from a district/ESU will be accepted. Individuals who may participate include:
- Special Education Teachers
- General Education Teachers
- Early Childhood Teachers / Early Interventionists
- Speech-Language Pathologists
- Occupational Therapists / Occupational Therapist Assistants
- Physical Therapists / Physical Therapist Assistants
- Assistive Technology Specialists
- Special Education Directors
- Coaches / Facilitators
- Others who work with children/students receiving special education services.
What will QIAT Book Study Participants Be Expected to Do?
- Attend monthly meetings to discuss the chapter of the book.
- Read the assigned chapters in advance of each monthly meeting.
- Optional - Participate in the online discussion between monthly meetings.
- Make an action plan of next steps based on what is learned from the book.
What Benefits and Resources will QIAT Book Study Participants Receive?
- Each participant will receive a free copy of the Quality Indicators for Assistive Technology: A Comprehensive Guide to Assistive Technology Services book.
- Participants will have opportunities to dive into the content of the book and network with each other about the content of the book.
- Recognition as a completer of the 2021-2022 QIAT Book Study through digital badging, letters to administrators, press releases, social media, and certificates.
When will the QIAT Book Study Activities Occur?
The QIAT Book Study group will meet monthly via Zoom on Thursdays monthly (with exception of January 2022).
- 10/14/2021 - 4:15 (CT)/3:15 (MT)
- 11/11/2021 - 4:15 (CT)/3:15 (MT)
- 12/9/2021 - 4:15 (CT)/3:15 (MT)
- 1/13/2022 - 4:15 (CT)/3:15 (MT)
- 2/10/2022 - 4:15 (CT)/3:15 (MT)
- 3/10/2022 - 4:15 (CT)/3:15 (MT)
- 4/14/2022 - 4:15 (CT)/3:15 (MT)
- 5/12/2022 - 4:15 (CT)/3:15 (MT)
- 6/9/2022 - 4:15 (CT)/3:15 (MT)
How do I Register?
Registration for the QIAT Book Study is on a first-come, first-serve basis. Only one person from a district/ESU will be accepted.
ATP Education Academy
ATP Education Resources