AAC Leadership Group
The AAC Leadership Group is a group of individuals knowledgable about AAC that are working together to identify professional development needs and devise professional development to help teachers, therapists, and others who work with children and students using AAC become competent and self-determined communicators.
Who is Eligible to Participate?
Participation in and acceptance to the AAC Leadership Group is based on a review of either a peer-nomination or a self-nomination. Nominations should highlight those who are knowledgable about AAC, AAC practices, and have experience working with AAC users that are receiving B-3 or school-aged special education services. Submit a nomination today! Individuals who may participate include:
- Special Education Teachers
- General Education Teachers
- Early Childhood Teachers / Early Interventionists
- Speech-Language Pathologists
- Occupational Therapists / Occupational Therapist Assistants
- Physical Therapists / Physical Therapist Assistants
- Assistive Technology Specialists
- Special Education Directors
- Higher Education/Teacher Preparation Faculty
- Parent of a Child receiving Special Educcation Services
- Others who work with children/students receiving special education services.
What will AAC Leadership Group Members Be Expected to Do?
- Attend monthly meetings to identify, review, and devise professional development related to helping children and students become competent and self-determined communicators.
- Create action plans for professional development for the state of Nebraska.
When will the AAC Leadership Group Activities Occur?
The AAC Leadership Group will meet monthly via Zoom. The first meeting will be in November 2023. The remaining meetings will be set by the members of the AAC Leadership Group.
How do I Apply?
ATP Education Academy
ATP Education Resources