Assistive Technology Technical Assistance Project
This page contains information about an ongoing project that focuses on developing statewide technical assistance for education programs serving students receiving special education services in Nebraska. Learn more about this project, progress on the project, and ways to become involved in the process.
Purpose of the Project
The purpose of the project is to create written technical assistance in the form of guidance documents and supports related to providing high-quality and compliant assistive technology services to children/students receiving special education services in Nebraska. The guidance will cover topics that are related to providing AT services receiving special education services through Part C (Rule 52) and Part B (Rule 51) of IDEA.
The project plan focuses on developing guidance documents through a reiterative process involving key stakeholders' input. The plan is outlined below:
- Phase 1 - Conducting a Field Scan (Summer 2022)
- A field scan of other AT-related technical assistance guides published by other states will be conducted. Topical themes will be identified for presentation to stakeholders.
- Phase 2 - Engaging Key Stakeholders (Summer 2022, Fall 2022)
- Recruitment of key stakeholders will occur starting in June 2022 to engage in one or more parts of the project process.
- An initial set of focus groups with key stakeholders will be conducted to elicit and identify key areas that need to be covered within the written technical assistance. The focus groups will also have a chance to review the field scan and react to the topics identified.
- Phase 3 - Developing a Draft with Stakeholder Input and Feedback (Fall 2022, Spring 2023)
- Using the data from the field scan and input/feedback from stakeholders, an initial draft will be developed.
- After the initial draft is developed, stakeholders will be invited to review and provide feedback on the draft through focus groups and written comments.
- The NDE Office of Special Education will also be provided a copy of the initial draft for review and feedback.
- A second draft will be developed.
- After the second draft is developed, stakeholders will be invited to review and provide feedback on the draft through focus groups and written comments.
- A final draft will be developed.
- Phase 4 - Submit Draft to NDE Office of Special Education for Review, Revision, and Publication (June 2023)
Questions or Comments?
If you have a question or a comment about this project, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to engaging with you!
ATP Education Academy
ATP Education Resources