AT Leaders Book Study - Register by 10/30/2022.
This book study is designed for those who are in leadership positions to learn about research-based recommended practices for providing high-quality AT Services in schools. The book study will look at the practical application of the Quality Indicators for Assistive Technology (QIAT) which is a set of professional guidelines to improve the quality and consistency of AT delivery.
Who is Eligible to Participate?
Up to 20 people may participate in this book study. Participants should be in leadership positions as AT specialists, administrators, coaches, or other positions that are designed to guide and lead others.
What will AT Leader Book Study Participants Be Expected to Do?
- Attend monthly meetings to discuss the chapter of the book.
- Read the assigned chapters in advance of each monthly meeting.
- Optional - Participate in the online discussion between monthly meetings.
- Make an action plan of next steps based on what is learned from the book.
What Benefits and Resources will AT Leader Book Study Participants Receive?
- Each participant will receive a free copy of The QIAT Companion: A Just-in-Time Resource for Implementing the Quality Indicators for Assistive Technology book.
- Participants will have opportunities to dive into the content of the book and network with each other about the content of the book.
- Recognition as a completer of the 2022-2023 AT Leader Book Study through digital badging, letters to administrators, press releases, social media, and certificates.
When will the AT Leader Book Study Activities Occur?
The AT Leader Book Study group will meet monthly via Zoom monthly.
- 10/4/2022 - 4:00 (CT)/3:00 (MT)
- 11/1/2022 - 4:00 (CT)/3:00 (MT)
- 12/6/2022 - 4:00 (CT)/3:00 (MT)
- 1/10/2023 - 4:00 (CT)/3:00 (MT)
- 2/7/2023 - 4:00 (CT)/3:00 (MT)
- 3/7/2023 - 4:00 (CT)/3:00 (MT)
- 4/4/2023 - 4:00 (CT)/3:00 (MT)
- 5/2/2023 - 4:00 (CT)/3:00 (MT)
- 6/6/2023 - 4:00 (CT)/3:00 (MT)
How do I Register?
Registration for the AT Leader Book Study is on a first-come, first-serve basis.
ATP Education Academy
ATP Education Resources