ATP Education Program's Advisory Group
The ATP Education Program is seeking individuals to serve on the ATP Education Program Advisory group.
What is the Purpose of the ATP Education Program Advisory Groups?
The ATP Education Program intends for the ATP Education Program Advisory Group to be an opportunity for information exchange, idea generation, and innovation regarding the scope and type of assistive technology services across Nebraska. The group will have the opportunity to learn about upcoming activities and services that will be provided by the ATP Education Program and provide feedback. Furthermore, the group is encouraged to make recommendations on the needs within Nebraska. These recommendations will be used by the ATP Education Program Team to shape the services within the state.
Who is Eligible to Apply?
- Special Education Teachers
- Early Childhood Teachers / Early Interventionists
- Parents of Children/Students receiving Special Education Services
- Speech-Language Pathologists
- Occupational Therapists / Occupational Therapist Assistants
- Physical Therapists / Physical Therapist Assistants
- Assistive Technology Specialists
- Special Education Administrators
- Higher Education/Teacher Preparation Faculty
- Others who work with children/students receiving special education services.
What are the Obligations of Advisory Group Members?
The ATP Education Program Advisory Group meets twice per school year - once in the Fall and one in the Spring. Each meeting will be about an hour to an hour and a half long and will be conducted online using a video chat platform with an option to participate by telephone. Advisory Group Members are expected to attend both meetings and engage in discussions about the needs of each region.
- 2023-2024 Meeting Dates
- Tuesday, October 3, 2023, 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm (CT)/ 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm (MT)
- Tuesday, April 23, 2024, 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm (CT)/ 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm (MT)
How do I Apply?
Individuals interested in becoming members of the ATP Education Program Advisory Groups will need to fill out the ATP Education Program Advisory Group Application. Applications are open and will be reviewed as they are received.
ATP Education Academy
ATP Education Resources