Applications are Closed for the 2023-2024 AT Cadre Session. Check Back in March 2024 to Apply for the 2024-2025 AT Cadre Session!
Where AT Knowledge, Skills, and Networks are Built
The AT Cadre is an opportunity for individuals from around Nebraska to receive individualized coaching and support to develop their knowledge and skills related to providing quality assistive technology (AT) services to children and students with disabilities.
Who is Eligible to Apply?
- Special Education Teachers
- General Education Teachers
- Early Childhood Teachers / Early Interventionists
- Speech-Language Pathologists
- Occupational Therapists / Occupational Therapist Assistants
- Physical Therapists / Physical Therapist Assistants
- Assistive Technology Specialists
- Special Education Directors
- Coaches / Facilitators
- Others who work with children/students receiving special education services.
What will AT Cadre Members Be Expected to Do?
- Shared Professional Development Pathway – Participants will be expected to commit to reviewing professional development content that is specified from the AT Cadre Coaches (i.e., ATP/Ed staff) that is common to all of the participants. Participants will commit to one monthly synchronous online discussion session as a group to review and discuss content. Participants will also participate in at least one Case Study exercise that applies knowledge and skills regarding the evaluation of AT needs process.
- Individual Professional Development Pathway – Participants will be expected to identify at least 2 personal learning goals with regard to AT tools/systems and/or services on which to work during the AT Cadre Activities. Participants will commit to meeting with an AT Cadre Coach (i.e., ATP/Ed staff) at least 4 times over the AT Cadre activity period to work on these goals.
- Individual Knowledge/Skill Application – Participants will be expected to plan and execute an activity that applies their AT knowledge and skills. Examples may include (but are not limited to) conducting AT professional development for others in their system, changing practices with regard to AT with the children/students they serve, and/or developing tools/tip sheets to guide AT processes.
What Benefits and Resources will AT Cadre Members Receive?
- 1-Year Unlimited Access to Assistive Technology Industry Association (ATIA) Learning Center – Access to hundreds of recorded courses and webinars addressing AT tools and devices, best practices, and implementation strategies taught by industry-leading experts. Many of these are eligible for IACET, ASHA, and/or AOTA CEUs. 5-10% discount on ATIA Registration to Annual Conference. This is a $750.00 value.
- Books and resources related to quality assistive technology services. This is a $100.00 value.
- Personalized coaching from ATP/Ed Program Staff.
- Networking and support through a statewide Community of Practice during the AT Cadre Activities.
- Exclusive access to an AT Cadre Alumni network upon completion of the experience.
- Recognition as an AT Cadre Completer and Alumnus through digital badging, letters to administrators, press releases, social media, and certificates.
- Optional Graduate Credit for completion of the program. The cost for graduate credit will be the responsibility of the AT Cadre Member.
When will the AT Cadre Activities Occur?
- AT Cadre Application Deadline - May 26, 2023. Notice of acceptance will occur by June 16, 2023.
- If selected, AT Cadre Enrollment Deadline - August 10, 2023
- AT Cadre Activities – September 2023 – May 2024
What is the cost of participating in the AT Cadre?
The cost for participating in the AT Cadre is $250.00 and will be billed to the school, district, ESU, or organization with which the AT Cadre Member is associated. Individual AT Cadre Members also have the option of pursuing Graduate Credit (3 hours) with successful completion of the AT Cadre experience. Costs associated with the Graduate Credit option will be the responsibility of the individual AT Cadre Member.
How do I apply?
Check Back in March 2024 to Apply for the 2024-2025 AT Cadre Session!
AT Cadre Logo was made with an image from https://www.freepik.com/free-photos-vectors/logo
ATP Education Academy
ATP Education Resources